5.19.2006

wilderness dog.


although this is late in coming, as mum and dad have been quite busy, i thought i would share my adventures in the outdoors! the day before dad's first scheduled mtn. bike race, they took me to a nearby park to test my abilities in water. dad wanted to see if by holding me above the water i would respond with a doggie paddle reflex. i didn't. i did, however, take a few steps in-- cold and unappealing, really. i enjoyed hiking much more, and did a nice job of staying on the trail until we came upon geese and their hatchlings. you can barely make them out in the background... i got really scared by the sounds those parents were making-- HONK!
After romping for a while, i was exhausted and we went home. Mum noticed that i was walking funny, and inspected my paws to find thorns and sticky stuff in my fur. Dad held me while mum used scissors to clip out the owies. I fell asleep during the whole process. Hey, I was beat!

No comments: